House Conditions Change Wayne Fire Restoration
What Makes Fire Restoration a Challenge?
Fire loss situations are a destructive presence in your home. Depending on several variables like the location of the fire and the kind of materials impacted by combustion, the needed restoration and recovery strategies must change.
What Factors Influence the Smoke Damage?
The type of smoke damage and various environmental factors can significantly change the needed fire restoration for Wayne homes. Some of the variables that can ultimately influence the ease and needed cleaning approaches for fire-damaged structural elements and contents include:
- Temperature – While higher heat can produce thinner residual aftermath, these warmer temperatures during the blaze also open up pores in building materials more for more significant infiltration of smoke effects.
- Obstructions – Physical obstructions and blockages in the house can slow the migration of smoke and soot damage. While a closed door will not stop smoke movement entirely, this obstruction can greatly slow turbulent air movement.
- Environmental Factors – The conditions of the house itself are also factors in the needed restoration and cleaning. Impacted materials, humidity, and the home's layout all influence required repair.
Clearing Smoke Damage from Walls
When you determine the factors influencing the cleaning of the soot and smoke residues a fire can leave behind, it is time to start this recovery phase. We have several approaches that can often work together to achieve the complete restoration and salvaging of most building elements:
- Cleaning the Surface – We choose several products to emulsify, dissolve, or trap soils.
- Agitation and Mechanical Action – Mechanical actions like scrubbing can help activate the cleaning properties of chosen agents.
- Tactics of Abrasive Cleaning – Abrasive cleaning involves putting media like dry ice or sodium bicarbonate under pressurized water or air to remove set-in soot stains.
- Controlled Demolition – If surface cleaning or more abrasive methods are ineffective, the remaining choice is to remove damaged materials entirely.
You can count on our SERVPRO of Wayne team for fast and knowledgeable fire restoration. Give our FSRT-Certified technicians a call today at (973) 546-4977.