What Challenges Do Wayne Homeowners Face with Fire Cleanup?
SERVPRO Fire Damage Crews Remove Soot and Soils
Home fire damage can be challenging, stressful, and overwhelming for homeowners. Soot can heavily stain and spread malodors. On top of that, structural damage that is not addressed quickly can complicate home repair and restoration tasks like HVAC cleanup. Wayne residents need a team that maximizes the availability of highly-trained technicians with quality restoration tools for soot and smoke damage mitigation.
SERVPRO provides precisely this service after Wayne homeowners experience fire damage and can return affected property and structural materials to a clean, pre-disaster state. Mitigation comes with water cleanup for fire suppression, if necessary, and sanitation with EPA-registered biocides that can remediate odor-causing bacteria and microbes.
How Fires Affect Different Substances and How Homeowners Can Prevent Them
Fire soils can leave behind a diverse array of stains, residues, and debris that require different types of care. Some items may be more cost-effective to replace instead of attempting repairs.
- Rubbers, plastics, and other synthetic, petroleum-based substances often melt and leave behind clusters of sticky residue that can smear without specialized care. These materials and oils tend to burn at lower temperatures and produce "wet" smoke.
- Unfinished wood, unsealed ceramic and masonry, and upholstery fibers are vulnerable to absorbing smoke particles because they are porous, organic substances. These stains can be a challenge to remove with consumer-grade cleaning solutions and can even cause stains to set.
- Wood and paper produce "dry," high-heat smoke when burned, and these soils are typically easier to clean.
- Metals and finished plastics with light soot stains are often restorable after fire damage, but moisture exposure can turn soot acidic.
Depending on the scale of the fire, homeowners are likely to find both wet and dry smoke residues and related debris. SERVPRO can mitigate these soils with solutions targeted at each.
SERVPRO Cleanup Addresses Various Fire Damage Soils and Odors
After fire damage occurs, homeowners are encouraged to contact their insurers as soon as possible after guaranteeing the safety of home occupants. Property owners do not have to wait for a claims adjuster to inspect the home before calling a restoration firm like SERVPRO.
SERVPRO mitigation and restoration methods can combat fire stains and soils with a diverse repertoire of tools and OSHA-approved solutions, including:
- Inspection tools for water damage caused by fire suppression, as well as HVAC inspection and manual cleaning equipment
- Specialized solutions for wet and dry fire soils, as well as solutions designed for pungent protein residues
- Odor control via thermal fogging, sanitation, soda blasting, and powerful ventilation fans, among other methods
For larger-scale fires, SERVPRO professionals can perform a pack out. This process entails carefully packing items for restoration, keeping digital and paper inventory records, and moving these belongings to an approved SERVPRO warehouse for offsite cleanup. While contents are restored at the warehouse, technicians at the residence focus on structural restoration and repairs. Once the property is clean and secured, technicians can move items back per the homeowners' wishes.
Homeowners can still access belongings while they are at the SERVPRO warehouse. The team's inventory system ensures that belongings are convenient and easy to find, with items packed per room and boxes identified with bar codes that correlate with the digital inventory system.
When you need fast-acting restoration services, We're Faster To Any Size Disaster. Contact SERVPRO of Wayne at (973) 546-4977 to begin the remediation process.